5 Hours (8:30 AM to 1:00 PM)
This class is appropriate for the beginner to intermediate shooter. Topics to be covered and trained on the firing range are –
- The seven (7) basic fundamentals of shooting; Grip, Stance, Sight Alignment, Sight Picture, Trigger Press, Breathing, and Follow Through.
- The four (4) count draw stroke from an exposed holster and concealment.
- Manipulate different malfunctions
- Controlled shots & controlled pairs
- Situational Awareness; because the best fight you can win is the one you saw about to occur and were able to avoid.
- Movement in the “Kill Zone”. Forward, Backward, Lateral, and Oblique. “Get off the X”!
- An open mind and a willingness to learn...
- No criminal convictions that would deny the student the ability to lawfully posses a firearm
Equipment you NEED:
- Around 100-200 rounds of handgun ammunition
- A magazine carrier or two
- Eye and Ear protection
- Eye protection MUST be full wrap around style
- A ball cap or similar type cap with a brim is required
- NO open toe shoes, sandals, etc.
- Long pants (NO SHORTS)
Equipment we RECOMMEND:
- Good footwear that offers ankle support is recommended
- Cargo style pants (5.11 type or military BDU with the bellows pockets to hold additional rounds is always useful
- At least a gallon of drinking water. There is no drinking water available.
Once you "Complete the Purchase" we assume you have signed up for the next most recent date below. You have 72 hours within the purchase date to make a change without an administrative fee.
July 24, 2022
October 29, 2022
January 14, 2023
March 11, 2023